Our qualified hand therapist will identify unique problems of the upper extremities and will effectively treat and rehabilitate patients through such methods as:
- Management of open or sutured wounds to aid healing.
- Control of hypertrophic (raised and/or swollen) or hypersensitive scars.
- Reduction of swelling.
- Management of acute or chronic pain.
- Desensitization following nerve injury or trauma.
- Sensory re-education after nerve injury.
- Design and implementation of exercise programs to increase motion dexterity and/or strength.
- Training in the performance of daily life skills through adapted methods.
- Conditioning prior to returning to work.
- Allows hand to heal in proper position.
- Prevents further injury until hand regains strength.
- To prevent or correct deformity.